Blue Stat Ferries Discounts
The Blue Star Ferries Company, leader in Aegean sea travels, offers a 30% discount (cars transportation included) to all the conference participants that will travel to conference venue and back, either from Piraeus or Mykonos.
To join the discount list, please sent email to email@example.com with subject “Blue Star Ferries List of Travel” and in body the foul names of the persons that will travel either from Mykonos or Pireaus to Syros.
Please remember that in any case you must make a reservation first.
Traveling from Piraeus to Syros
If you are situated close to Piraeus and visiting the port is easy, contact by phone the tour agency GELASAKIS SHIPPING & TRAVEL, tel. +30210 4222440 and make the tickets reservation. You must mention that you are included in the traveling discount list of Geomapplica Conferense, take a reservation code and pay the tickets at the desk of the agency on your convenience.
(If you are eligible for a 50% discount, you must know that discounts are addable. The final ticket price will be at a 50%+30%=80% discount)
If you are coming from any other country or your are not close to Piraeus the follow the next steps:
- Sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ( GAVIOTIS TRAVEL, tel. +3022810 86610) using as subject “Geomapplica Conference discounts reservation”. At the body of the email state the full names of the persons that you would like to buy tickets for, the day and the time of the travel and of course that you will travel from Piraeus to Syros.
- They agency will replay sending you an email of the total amount of money, a Bank account to deposit the ticket price and a reservation code.
- After you make the deposit (using the reservation code), you can pickup your tickets at the Blue Star kiosk next to the ferries dock.
(If you entitle of a student’s 50% discount then you must know that discounts are addable. The final ticket price will be at a 50%+30%=80% discount)
Traveling from Mykonos to Syros
If you are coming to Syros from Mykonos processes are much easier:
- Sent an email to email@example.com ( SEA & SKY TRAVEL , tel. +3022810 86610) which is the Blue Star Ferries local agent. Use as subject “Geomapplica Conference discounts reservation”. At the body of the email state the full names of the persons that you would like to buy tickets for, the day and the time of the travel and of course that you will travel from Mykonos to Syros.
- The agency will reply sending you an email of the total amount of money and a reservation code.
- Without making any bank transfer, you can pay your tickets at the agency desk after you arrive to the island using the reservation code.
Returning from Syros after the conference
You can buy your tickets from GAVIOTIS TRAVEL, (tel. +3022810 86610) the tour agency at the port of Syros at your own convenience. The mentioned 30% discount is also valid.
Daily Sea Cruise
On Thursday, 28 of June, Geomapplica International Conference is going on a daily sea Cruise!
The cruise will start at 9 pm from Syros port. Participants will board in a professional, exclusively hired catamaran boat sail to the Delos island, the first stop of the trip.
Delos was the Holy Island during the Classical antiquity and Roman Era. In the present the hole island is an archaeological site and any human activity is forbitten.
In Delos there will be a 2 hours stop, guided tour of the island and the local museum.
Next to Delos and after a 20 minutes sea journey the cruise boat will arrive in Mykonos Island.
Landing in two deferent shores are planned in Mykonos. One at a cosmopolitan beach for swim and beverages and later one other in the main city of Mykonos. Free hour for shopping and browsing in the local market is in the program.
Return to the island of Syros is planed in about 7 pm at the port of Syros.
- The sea cruise is not included in the Conference fees and the participation is optional.
- The participation costs 50 euros per person. Students and groups of more than 4 persons are entitled of a discount. Payment for the sea cruise will be made in situ at the Conference secretariat in cash only.
- Sea fare, entrance to the archaeological site and museum, light lunge and buffet in the boat are included in the cruise fee
- Participants that would like to joint the day cruise must sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org declaring the names of persons that will board in order to form the list o person that will visit the archaeological site of Delos.
Geomapplica Conference will be broadcast online through a teleconference service. Participants that for any reason are not able to join the conference in person, may take place to conference sessions through the service. In details the process has the following possibilities:
- Participants may join any conference session through teleconference interactively. That means that remote participants may address questions or even intervene in person using cameras.
- Participants may present their work through the teleconference and answer questions.
- Participants will have the same opportunities in publications and conference academic provisions.
- All sessions will be recorded and will be available to any future reference.
There is no need of special hardware or software installation and teleconference sessions are accessible on any device (pc, mac, iphone, ipad, smartphone) using a browser only be the presence of a quick broadband connection to Internet.
A trial teleconference will be established before the conference only for the participants that would declare that they will participate using Virtual Participation. Participants will be notified before the trial broadcast and an e-invitation by email will redirect them in the teleconference.